The KidsPark Team at The Church at LifePark understands and takes seriously our commitment to shepherd and disciple the students entrusted, by God and parents, to our church. We need YOU to help us, minister, to families in our communities. Our volunteers are a huge part of the success of VBS.
Why should you serve? How about 8 great reasons!
1) Jesus said, “Whatever you did for one of the least of these…you did for me.” (Matthew 25:40). So when you are doing crafts and acting out the Bible story with 3rd graders at VBS, you are doing it for and with Jesus.
2) VBS is an excellent review for when you play Bible trivia. Most likely, you have forgotten some of the details of “Jonah and the Whale” or “Daniel and the Lion’s Den.” VBS is a great way to review foundational Bible stories.
3) At VBS, you will meet other volunteers and make connections with new people. Serving together is a great way to start new friendships with people already in your church. When we attend the same service each Sunday and sit in the same place, we limit opportunities to meet new people. This shakes things up a bit!
4) At VBS, you are guaranteed to get some good exercise! Between doing the movements to the VBS songs and participating in the daily games, you are sure to get your steps in!
5) VBS allows you to be a part of sharing the Gospel with children and, in turn, impacting their families. We are called to share the hope we have, and by helping make VBS happen, you are doing just that.
6) VBS snacks are usually great! We will feed you well to ensure you are energized for the evening activities.
7) At VBS, you will learn something new and be reminded of important truths too. When we serve others, we are obedient, and the Lord will often use that window of obedience to teach us and reveal Himself to us in new ways. So when you are serving, keep your spiritual eyes and ears open for what He wants to say.
8) If you have kids participating in VBS, this is a great way to connect with them. Even if you aren’t working with their age group, you’ll have plenty to share and laugh about together. It may even inspire some activities at your home with other family members.
Volunteer Registration opens April 2023.
Camper Registration opens May 2023.