The Middle School Student Minister assists in leading the middle school ministry through the development and implementation of ministry programs for middle school female students (grades 6-8) and their families. This position ensures the mission and vision of The Church at LifePark is pursued through programs and activities that focus on knowing Christ, growing in relationships and sharing the gospel.
- Contribute to the creation and operation of the middle school student ministry that includes weekly opportunities, trips/camps and routine special events that are well-balanced.
- Lead primarily female students by modeling everyday Christianity through teaching, discipling, and leading weekly programming.
- Identify, recruit, train and encourage female volunteer leaders.
- Gather and share resources for parent/family support and discipleship in the home.
- Assist in the transition process for 5th graders to middle school and 8th graders to high school.
- Create environments for middle school females that foster biblical community and spiritual growth.
- Connect with students through on-campus and extracurricular involvement. Engage with students through consistent middle school lunch visits, social media, participation in on-campus ministries, and attendance of middle school extracurricular activities.
- Create strategic follow up plan for new and absentee female students.
- Assist in the coordination and leading of all student ministry trips.
- Help promote and maintain social media channels.
- Coordinate, lead or assist new believer discipleship.
- Assist in the development & oversight of annual middle school ministry budget.
- Function as a member of the LifePark’s ministerial staff: help serve in baptism interviews and services, hospital visits or home visits, funeral support, counseling sessions with students or families, teach or lead Bible studies as needed.
The Middle School Student Minister reports to the Student Ministry Director.
QUALIFICATIONS & ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Exhibits a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus; demonstrates a call to Christian ministry.
- Displays a passion for connecting with middle school students and parents
- Ability to effectively communicate scripture
- Self-motivated leader with a strong work ethic; highly organized
- Prior experience leading and organizing students in a ministry setting
- Bachelor’s Degree (theological/ministry education preferred)
HAVE QUESTIONS? CONTACT US
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at The Church at LifePark. If you have read a job description and completed the online application but still have questions, please let us know. You can contact our offices by phone at 843.654.7600 or send us an email and we’d be glad to answer any questions you might have.
WHO WE ARE
The Church at LifePark exists to connect people to God, connect people to people to help people grow in their faith and to serve others.
MISSION | VISION | VALUES
LifePark is a Christ-centered community that proclaims and celebrates the Gospel with a desire to see lives transformed by the power of Jesus.
Whether you are interested in learning more about the Christian faith or if you’ve been following Jesus for years, we’d love to help you take your next steps in personal study of God’s Word and in connecting with the church and community of faith.