SPECIAL NEEDS MINISTRY COORDINATOR
The Special Needs Ministry Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the leadership and vision of the Special Needs Ministry while being responsible for the oversight and coordination of ministry programs for families with children who have special learning needs by providing a safe, loving and nurturing environment which allows for spiritual growth and development.
- Oversee and coordinate the special needs ministry to children with special needs and their families to include Sunday morning programming and special events (VBS).
- Create and maintain a welcoming environment where children feel valued and accepted.
- Identify and prepare appropriate curriculum and activities for Sunday mornings each week ensuring volunteers have all necessary supplies and materials.
- Develop and enforce policies, procedures, and routines that ensure the safety of children and volunteers.
- Identify, recruit, train, schedule and encourage volunteer “ buddies” who work directly with children with special needs.
- Maintain prompt communication with volunteers and parents/guardians of special needs children by conducting regular meetings to understand needs or changes in the needs of their children.
- Timely communicate ministry related information to the Children’s Ministry Director.
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned by the Director of Children’s Ministry (KidsPark).
- Attend staff meetings and worship each week.
The Special Needs Ministry Coordinator reports to the Children’s Ministry Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Exhibits a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus
- Demonstrates evidence of a call to Christian ministry
- Displays a passion to connect relationally and communicate effectively with special needs children, parents and volunteers
- Highly organized and personable
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; team-player attitude.
- Prior experience in child development and special education is preferred but not required.
Must be willing to work Sundays, holidays and occasional evenings.
HAVE QUESTIONS? CONTACT US
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at The Church at LifePark. If you have read a job description and completed the online application but still have questions, please let us know. You can contact our offices by phone at 843.654.7600 or send us an email and we’d be glad to answer any questions you might have.
WHO WE ARE
The Church at LifePark exists to connect people to God, connect people to people to help people grow in their faith and to serve others.
MISSION | VISION | VALUES
LifePark is a Christ-centered community that proclaims and celebrates the Gospel with a desire to see lives transformed by the power of Jesus.
Whether you are interested in learning more about the Christian faith or if you’ve been following Jesus for years, we’d love to help you take your next steps in personal study of God’s Word and in connecting with the church and community of faith.