PRESCHOOL MINISTRY COORDINATOR
Preschool Ministry Coordinator (FT)
The Preschool Ministry Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Preschool Ministry Director with the coordination and implementation of ministry programs and the oversight of all childcare events for children birth-5K.
- Assist in craft, activity and curriculum preparation for Sunday mornings each week; provide necessary materials/supplies/items for volunteers each Sunday.
- Assist in the implementation and execution of weekly (Sunday Morning) programs and routine special events (VBS, Trunk or Treat, etc.).
- Lead a full Sunday morning service hour to include conducting worship/story time, managing volunteers and classrooms, and program schedule.
- Assist in volunteer recruitment, management, training, encouragement and development.
- Assist in developing and maintaining child safety and security procedures.
- Maintain weekly classroom organization and cleanliness.
- Create and maintain a welcoming environment where children feel loved and accepted.
- Assist in hiring, training, supervising and evaluating paid childcare workers.
- Oversee and coordinate all facets of childcare program to support LifeGroups and special events that require childcare.
- Schedule adequate number of childcare workers for LifeGroups and other church-wide special events; ensuring child-to-staff ratios are maintained; and provide on-site supervision and oversight at least one night per week .
- Communicate childcare related information to parents and ministry workers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Preschool or Children’s Ministry Directors.
- Attend staff meetings and worship each week
The Preschool Ministry Coordinator reports to the Preschool Ministry Director.
Qualifications & Essential Characteristics
- Exhibits a growing, vibrant, and mature relationship with Jesus.
- Connects relationally with adult volunteers and children.
- Highly organized
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; team-player attitude.
- Prior experience with preschoolers preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Google Drive Suite