ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF MISSIONS AND EVANGELISM
The Associate Pastor of Missions & Evangelism is a full time position (40 hours) and is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing the vision and strategic initiatives for personal evangelism, local outreach, and regional and international partnerships.
- Build and develop relationships with people in the church helping them embrace missional living in such a way that others will do the same.
- Integrate Missions and Evangelism into all areas of ministry: Noah’s Park, KidsPark, First Wave, and adult ministries.
- Create, assess, and evaluate outreach opportunities in Mt. Pleasant for LifeParkers & LifeGroups to engage with, understanding the policies and procedures associated with each organization, and ensuring that each opportunity aligns with our vision to build relationships and share the Gospel.
- Recruit, oversee, empower, and equip, Missions Council members.
- Collect, share, and celebrate stories of those living missionally and engaging our community.
- Oversee and maintain educational paths such as missions blogs, missions walls and missions trips.
- Share the Gospel and call people to salvation while teaching others to do the same.
- Oversee, coach, and equip other missions ministry team members.
- Pastor LifePark missionaries who are serving overseas, whether through Member Care or as partners.
- Plan and implement missions events such as the Global Missions Conference, Mt. Pleasant Serve Days, and Love Local.
- Serve on the Senior Leadership Team providing visionary and strategic leadership with regard to planning and accomplishing objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Demonstrates a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus.
- Exhibits a passion for the lost and sharing the Gospel; called to missions and evangelism.
- Ability to effectively communicate – Scripture, sharing the Gospel, sharing personal testimony.
- Exhibits servant leadership.
- Prior experience in leading others in evangelism and missions.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; teachable spirit; team-player attitude.
- Ablity to work collaboratively with Missions Council members, Missions elder, and others.
- Educational background in biblical studies preferred.
The Associate Pastor of Missions & Evangelism reports to the Senior Pastor.