CHILDREN’S MINISTRY COORDINATOR
Part-Time (25 hours/wk)
The Children’s Ministry Assistant is a part-time position and is responsible for assisting the Children’s Ministry Director in the implementation of ministry programs for 5K-5th grade children and their families.
- Assist in the implementation and execution of weekly Sunday morning programs, camps, and routine special events (Vacation Bible School, Trunk or Treat, etc.).
- Assist in developing and maintaining of child safety and security procedures.
- Assist with curriculum preparation for Sunday mornings each week, providing all necessary materials and supplies for volunteers.
- Assist in volunteer recruitment, training, encouragement and development through regularly scheduled meetings.
- Maintain weekly classroom organization and cleanliness.
- Create and maintain a welcoming environment where children feel valued and accepted.
- Provide oversight of Greeters/CheckIn stations ensuring first-time guest information is entered properly and children are welcomed and escorted to proper classrooms.
- Communicate ministry related information to the Children’s Director and volunteer leaders in a timely manner.
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned by the Director of Children’s Ministry (KidsPark).
- Attend staff meetings and worship each week.
The Children’s Ministry Coordinator reports to the Children’s Ministry Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Exhibits a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus
- Demonstrates evidence of a call to Christian ministry
- Connects relationally with adult volunteers and children
- Able to effectively communicate scripture
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; team-player attitude.
- Prior experience with children preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Google Drive
Must be willing to work Sundays and some holidays (Christmas Eve, Easter, etc.)
WHO WE ARE
The Church at LifePark exists to connect people to God, connect people to people to help people grow in their faith and to serve others.
MISSION | VISION | VALUES
LifePark is a Christ-centered community that proclaims and celebrates the Gospel with a desire to see lives transformed by the power of Jesus.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
At LifePark, we’re committed to proclaiming the truth and unchanging message of God’s love to the ever-changing world around us. That starts with the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.