ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF MISSIONS
The Associate Pastor of Missions & Evangelism is a full time position (40 hours) and is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing the vision and strategic initiatives for personal evangelism, local outreach, and regional and international partnerships.
- Build and develop relationships with people in the church helping them embrace missional living in such a way that others will do the same through knowing Christ, growing in relationships and sharing the gospel.
- Integrate Missions and Evangelism into all areas of ministry: preschool ministry (Noah’s Park), children’s ministry (KidsPark), student ministry (First Wave), and adult ministries.
- Create, assess, and evaluate outreach opportunities in Mt. Pleasant for LifeParkers & LifeGroups to engage with, understanding the policies and procedures associated with each organization, and ensuring that each opportunity aligns with our vision to build relationships and share the Gospel.
- Equip Missions Champions within LifeGroup to train and encourage their group members to share the gospel and organize community outreach opportunities while working in conjunction with Adult Discipleship’s ministry model and schedule.
- Recruit, oversee, empower, and equip, Missions Council members by providing training, support and encouragement.
- Oversee, coach, and equip other missions ministry team members; conduct regular one-on-one meetings with team members for encouragement, support and evaluation.
- Collect, share, and celebrate stories of those living missionally and engaging in our community.
- Oversee and maintain educational paths such as missions blogs and missions walls including the scheduling, planning and promoting of missions trips.
- Share the Gospel and call people to salvation while teaching others to do the same.
- Pastor LifePark missionaries who are serving overseas, whether through member care or as partners.
- Plan, promote and coordinate missions events such as the Global Missions Conference, Mt. Pleasant Serve Days, and Love Local.
- Serve on the Senior Leadership Team providing visionary and strategic leadership with regard to planning and accomplishing objectives and function as a member of the LifePark ministerial staff through teaching or leading groups, participate in baptism interviews and baptisms.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Exhibits a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus.
- Displays a passion for the lost and sharing the Gospel; called to missions and evangelism.
- Gifted administratively
- Ability to effectively communicate – Scripture, sharing the Gospel, sharing personal testimony.
- Exhibits servant leadership.
- Prior experience in leading others in evangelism and missions.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; teachable spirit; team-player attitude.
- Ablity to work collaboratively with Missions Council members, Missions elder, and others.
- Beachlor’s degree; Theological training required.
The Associate Pastor of Missions & Evangelism reports to the Senior Pastor.
HAVE QUESTIONS? CONTACT US
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at The Church at LifePark. If you have read a job description and completed the online application but still have questions, please let us know. You can contact our offices by phone at 843.654.7600 or send us an email and we’d be glad to answer any questions you might have.
WHO WE ARE
The Church at LifePark exists to connect people to God, connect people to people to help people grow in their faith and to serve others.
MISSION | VISION | VALUES
LifePark is a Christ-centered community that proclaims and celebrates the Gospel with a desire to see lives transformed by the power of Jesus.
Whether you are interested in learning more about the Christian faith or if you’ve been following Jesus for years, we’d love to help you take your next steps in personal study of God’s Word and in connecting with the church and community of faith.