MAY 2021: PRAY. GIVE. GO. UPDATE
While we continue to navigate this season there are several ways that you can join in on the mission of LifePark to reach people with the Gospel through our local outreach partnerships.
To help organize opportunities, we have categorized them into “Sending Steps:”
- Pray: are partnerships that you can pray for. Some generic prayer needs have been listed.
- Give: are partnerships that you can contribute (monetary or material donations) to. Some of those needs have been listed below.
- Go: are partnerships that you can actively serve with.
Most of these partners require preliminary paperwork in order to serve with them. You can find the required paperwork by clicking on the specific outreach, or by visiting our local outreach page.
Partners you can Pray for, Give to, and Go to:
- Hope to Home is operating normally! You can pray for protection of their volunteers and clients, for the continuation of hope for clients as the continue their transition into a new life during this crazy season. Giving needs are mostly material through furniture donations or hygienic home cleaning materials. We serve together as a team on the first Saturday of every month. You can join that team by filling out this form!
- Seafarers of Charleston continues to serve the men and women who visit our port. You can pray for the protection of the crews and longshoremen/women during the pandemic. You can also pray for the crew’s families. You can contribute to their ministry through monetary donations, and can sign up to serve on our website. You can find the onboarding process here! Please contact Rick Lhotan or Ken Mason for help navigating the process.
- East Cooper Community Outreach (ECCO) is operating normally! You can pray for the needs of their clients as they continue to try to make it through this pandemic, you can pray for the safety of their staff and volunteers as they continue to serve faithfully for those around them. You can give by donating food for their monthly drive-thru farmer’s market or making a monetary donation directly to them through their website. You can sign up to serve with other LifeParkers by filling out this form. Email Rick Lhotan if you’re serving as a group, because there are specific group instructions to follow.
- Windwood Farms itself is functioning normally, but offered a new way to serve them by clearing out nature paths for the boys during the pandemic. You can continue to pray for the boys as they continue to receive care and services. You also can give by giving directly to the farm on their website. You can sign up to serve with us by filling out this form. Our next work day is July 17.
- East Cooper Meals on Wheels is back to functioning normally – albeit with some covid precautions still in place. You can pray for the health of their volunteers, staff, and clients; as well as guidance as they reopen their organization for the first time since last March. You can give directly to Meals on Wheels by visiting their website. You can serve with them in several ways, but the most needed is drivers on each Wednesday of every month. If you’re interested in serving as a driver on one of those days please fill out this form.
- Feeding the Hungry has reopened – again with some COVID precautions still in place. You can pray for the health, dignity, and opportunity to our community’s homeless. You can give to this outreach by designating a check to the Feed the Hungry fund. You can serve with this outreach on the thirdThursday of every month. If you’re interested in serving with us please fill out this form.
Partners you can Pray for, and Give to:
- Lowcountry Pregnancy Center is functioning in limited capacity. They are continuing to offer their services to those in need. You can pray for them as they continue to minister and care to young families or young couples that are unexpectantly expecting. You can give to them by donating diapers to their diaper bank. For more information, reach out to Rick Lhotan or Cindy Gaskins.
Partners you can Pray for:
- Good News Bible Clubs have transitioned into virtual groups for the school year, and is currently waiting guidance from the school district to make plans for the next school year. Pray for guidance in the district offices, for the health of our teachers and students, and an openness to new partnerships within our local schools.