EASTER SUNRISE DEVOTIONAL
Looking for a way to celebrate Easter morning with your family and neighbors? We’ve created a resource that provides a step-by-step guide of how to host your own Easter Sunrise devotional.
The Church at LifePark has compiled some resources to guide you through an Easter sunrise devotional celebration if you can’t be with us in person. If the celebration ends up being your family and one other believing family, then celebrate Christ’s resurrection together in a time of worship and fellowship. If others come, then welcome them and celebrate together. You will be a Light in your neighborhood!
- Establish a time and place: Sunrise on Easter morning is scheduled to be at 7:03 a.m., so plan to start at 6:50 a.m. Weather permitting, any open outdoor space will work fine. This could be a front yard, driveway, a neighborhood park or neighborhood clubhouse.
- Ask a couple of families from the church or other believers in your neighborhood to join you in hosting the celebration. This will help you not do everything by yourself.
- You can text, email, social media or print a sign and post it in your yard with the time/place. Invite friends and neighbors. Look for opportunities during the week to invite neighbors, friends and colleagues. Encourage people to bring chairs/blankets.
- Start with an opening prayer of thanksgiving to open your time (Luke 24:1-5).
- Play and/or sing a song or two if you feel comfortable doing that.
Here are some suggestions:
- Scripture reading of the Easter story from another one of the Gospels. (John 20:1-18; Mark 16:1-11). We recommend using Our Daily Bread, but there is another resource available if you’d like.
- Finish with closing prayers. Ask for prayer requests and pray for those in closing.
We also encourage you to attend our Easter at LifePark services at 8:30 a.m., 10:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Services will be held indoor (LifePark East and LifePark West) along with a special outdoor service (behind LifePark West) at 10:00 a.m. only.