CHRISTMAS AT SEA
The annual Christmas at Sea project is a very special way to share God’s love with lonely and isolated mariners at Christmas. Most will not see their families for 8-12 months at a time.
During the Advent season, Christmas gift boxes are delivered to the seafarers that visit the Port of Charleston. What a blessing it is to the men and women who receive this simple act of kindness! Last year, one seafarer told a volunteer that his ship had a Christmas tree, but nothing underneath it. Christmas at Sea not only changed that, but sent a message to lonely seafarers at Christmastime that God wants all to know the gift of His Son.
We are asking you to partner with us in providing gift boxes for the seafarers. You can adopt a ship (average crew of 25) or donate as many gift boxes as possible. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to give a gift box to every seafarer that visits the Port of Charleston? Our goal is to deliver 3,000 gifts to seafarers this Christmas. Will you help us make that happen?
Here’s how you can help:
- Get a box from LifePark by either emailing Rick Lhotan (for small groups) or visiting Noah’s Park or KidsPark (for families)
- Fill the box with the items below
- 12 oz. bottle of shampoo
- 10 oz. can of shaving cream
- Pack of 4 or more razors
- 2 bars of unscented soap
- 3 oz. container of stick deodorant
- 6 oz. tube of toothpaste and toothbrush
- Chapstick and sunscreen (optional)
- Loose hard candy
- Note of Encouragement or Christmas Card
- Gift wrap the box
- Return it to LifePark by December 1st