CHARLESTON PORT AND SEAFARERS VOLUNTEERS
Charleston Port & Seafarers is looking for volunteers. If you are interested in serving our community, please use the following guidelines to ensure a seamless process for volunteer enrollment.
First, we encourage you to meet with the local Chaplain to discuss this ministry and address any questions you may have (this may include a tour of The Wando Welch Terminal and/or The North Charleston Terminal).
Then, if interested in pursuing this volunteer opportunity, follow the protocols listed below:
- Obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card, called a “TWIC Card.” Here is how:
- Go to https://universalenroll.dhs.gov for pre-enrollment process
- Click on FAQ and review helpful information about the TWIC Card
- Return to https://universalenroll.dhs.gov and click on the TWIC Card block to complete form.
- Click on “appointment “and obtain an appointment date and time for visiting the enrollment center. The enrollment center is in a strip mall. IdentoGo, 1954 Ashley River Road, Ste. E Charleston, SC 29407–4904
- You may pay $125.25 for a card valid for five years. If the cost of the card poses a problem, please see Chaplain Jeff regarding assistance with this (If financial assistance is still needed after reaching out to Jeff, please email Rick Lhotan at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Enroll in the Port Police online security training here:scspa.com
- Click on RESOURCE
- Click on PORT SECURITY
- Click on Port Police Training
- Read each section and the test will be given in sections as you progress through the training information.
- Enter your name and the organization you represent, Charleston Port and Seafarers Society.Visit Port Police Station at the S.C. State Port Authority Headquarters Building 200 Ports Authority Dr., Mt Pleasant, SC 29464 to request your free required decal for your vehicle.
- Security training certificate
- Decal application form signed by Chaplain Jeff or Clark
- ChaPSS letter of request signed by Chaplain Jeff or Clark
- TWIC card
- Driver’s license
- Vehicle registration card and vehicle insurance card.
- Notify Chaplain Jeff to indicate that you are now ready to begin volunteering. At first you will be paired with another volunteer and shadow him or her to learn the ropes and discuss any questions.