PRAY. GIVE. GO.
While we continue to navigate this season there are several ways that you can join in on the mission of LifePark to reach people with the Gospel through our local outreach partnerships.
To help organize opportunities, we have categorized them into “Sending Steps:”
- Pray: Partnerships that you can pray for.
- Give: Partnerships that you can contribute to (monetary or material donations).
- Go: Serving opportunities
Pray for, Give to or Go to:
- Hope to Home is fully functioning. You can pray for protection of their volunteers and clients, for the continuation of hope for clients as the continue their transition into a new life during this crazy season. Giving needs are mostly material through furniture donations or hygienic home cleaning materials.
- Seafarers of Charleston is fully functioning. You can pray for the protection of the crews and longshoremen/women during the pandemic. You can also pray for the crew’s families. You can contribute to their ministry in various ways, and can sign up to serve.
Pray for and Give to:
- Windwood Farms itself is functioning normally, but has restricted access to the farm in order to protect the boys so our outreach looks different than usual. However, you can continue to pray for them as they enjoy the summer, for healing, and that they would come to know Christ. Windwood Farms also needs help preparing hurricane preparedness kits. Learn more information by emailing Rick Lhotan.
- Lowcountry Pregnancy Center is functioning in limited capacity. They are continuing to offer their services to those in need. You can pray for them as they continue to minister and care to young families or young couples that are unexpectedly expecting. You can give to them by donating diapers to their diaper bank.
- East Cooper Meals on Wheels is functioning in a limited capacity. They are still delivering food for free to over 300 individuals in our local community. They have shifted their operations to be a drop off of a weeks’ worth of food, once a week to limit the interaction between clients (who are mostly at risk) and the outside world. You can pray for protection of their at-risk clients. You can give to them by donating directly to the organization; $3 will provide one meal.
- Feeding the Hungry is operating in a very limited capacity. They have shifted operations to a bag lunch drop off in order to meet the hunger needs of the homeless while protecting both volunteers and clients. You can pray for the homeless that they would feel the presence of Christ during this crazy time, and that more individuals in Charleston would care for our needy.
- Good News Bible Clubs will be working remotely in order to provide a positive environment for school children in this upcoming school year. You can pray for the students as they begin in-person or virtual instruction this school year, for teachers as they adjust their teaching styles, and for state leaders as they look to educate our children safely. You can give to Pinckney Elementary’s food pantry that provides free weekend meals to students who are on the free-or-reduced meal program. Contact Mike Gaskins or Rick Lhotan for more information.