ARE YOU READY TO LAUNCH?
It’s almost GO TIME!
You’ve studied, you’ve invited, you’ve prayed, you’ve prepped. This week, the fun begins! Noah, Anna and I want to help you have your best year yet with your LifeGroup. One of the keys to a strong finish is to begin well. Take a moment to review these tips that will set your group up for success:
- Attend the Group Leader training. That’s right! Our annual training event is tomorrow – Sunday, September 8th from 3-5 p.m. in the worship center. This is an important event for you to learn about what’s new in the groups world, share ideas and network with other leaders, and become better equipped to lead well.
- Welcome your group members. By now, all your group members should have received a welcome text, phone call and/or email from you. Perhaps you’ve already met them in the Well on a Sunday morning. If not, you still have a few more days to reach out and make sure they know your group details (day, time, location, study, meals, anything new), etc.
- Stay in touch with them. Remind (but don’t annoy) your group members so they don’t miss your first meeting. Let them hear your excitement about what’s ahead for them this year. Encourage them to ask questions and pray for your new members — connecting into a group may be slightly scary for them.
- Stay in touch with us. Report back to Noah or myself with any questions or changes. We are here to help. Not sure of your room location? Need to make a change with your group’s child care needs? Have a prayer request? Need a study recommendation? It is a joy to assist and pray for you!
- Delegate. Remember, delegating helps avoid burnout. Things like social meet-ups, prayer captain, missions champion, even teaching a lesson or two can be delegated as you prayerfully discern who in your group is waiting for your invite to do more.
- Slow down and prepare your own heart. You’ve heard it before and it bears repeating: you can’t give your group what you don’t have. Be sure to take time throughout launch week and this fall to open your heart to Jesus. Meditate on God’s Word for YOU in daily personal time (aside from your group study prep time). Let Him speak to you as His adored child and think about how cherished you are. Ask Him to fill you up so the living Gospel will flow through you to your group members. This could be the MOST important part of preparing to lead a group!
- Surrender. Ultimately, this is not your group. Much like our children, who are created by their Heavenly Father and given to us to shepherd and train, your group members belong to God. Yes, God has entrusted their hearts to you to diligently plant seeds for a season. But others will water these seeds and God alone will produce the fruit. see 1 Cor. 3:6-7
We are rooting (and praying) for you guys!