Full-Time (40 hours/week)
The Facility Director will be responsible for managing and maintaining the church’s buildings and grounds so that they provide an excellent environment – inviting, functional, clean and safe – that enables and encourages effective ministry and complies with all regulatory requirements.
This employee will work closely with the Church Administrator and the leaders of each ministry area to ensure that their facility needs are being addressed. The Facility Director will manage the portions of the annual budget focused on maintenance, custodial services and utilities and will identify the capital spending needs for each budget cycle. He/she will supervise all custodial personnel (direct hires and contract) and manage all maintenance/service contracts with outside
a. Manage all buildings and equipment operations, maintenance and repairs that support day-to-day operations.
b. Manage the maintenance and improvements of outside grounds.
c. Manage the legal and regulatory issues pertaining to the operation of the facility and equipment contained in it (e.g. elevator).
d. Mange all safety and security equipment/systems (e.g. fire protection, alarm system).
e. Mange custodial operations to ensure all areas of building are clean, in working order, and rooms are set properly for ministry, including the directing and leading of custodial staff throughout the week and on Sundays.
f. Adhere to and enforce the facility use policy (buildings and park).
g. Manage building space scheduling, including setup and teardown operations for all ministry – weekday, Sunday morning, LifeGroups and conferences/special events, etc.
h. Develop the annual operating budget for maintenance/repairs, custodial and utilities areas, and capital expenditures.
i. Develop ongoing facility plan/design to accommodate future staff growth (office space).
j. Represent staff on any facilities/site planning, remodeling and refurbishment initiatives and scoping activity.
k. Oversee and maintain church-wide electronic security system: work with the Host Director, safety volunteers and ministry leaders on various safety plans, participate in the interviewing/vetting process of safety volunteers, approve and issue facility keys, etc.
l. Additional duties as assigned by the Church Administrator.
The Facility Director reports to the Church Administrator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS:
● Demonstrates a growing, vibrant, and mature relationship with Christ.
● Possesses a servant’s heart.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● Highly organized with the ability to problem solve.
● Possesses the ability to multi-task.
● Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; team-player attitude.
● Previous experience in project management, facilities or property management, and/or engineering.
● Physical Demands: Stoop, kneel, bend, squat, crawl, push, pull, climb (ladders), reach and lift objects over 20 pounds, including transporting and lifting moderately heavy equipment, furniture, equipment, boxes.
● Experience with vendor management and contract negotiations/management
● Exhibits some knowledge of methods and techniques of the trade (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.); able to perform minor repairs OR has the ability to establish relationships with vendors or develop a team of volunteers to assist as needed.
Must be willing to work Sundays and some holidays (Christmas Eve, Easter, etc.)
WHO WE ARE
The Church at LifePark exists to connect people to God, connect people to people to help people grow in their faith and to serve others.
MISSION | VISION | VALUES
LifePark is a Christ-centered community that proclaims and celebrates the Gospel with a desire to see lives transformed by the power of Jesus.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
At LifePark, we’re committed to proclaiming the truth and unchanging message of God’s love to the ever-changing world around us. That starts with the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.