ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF EVANGELISM AND MISSIONS
Full-Time (40 hours/week)
The Associate Pastor of Evangelism & Missions is a full-time position (40 hours) and is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing the vision and strategic initiatives for personal evangelism, local outreach, and regional and international partnerships.
The Associate Pastor of Evangelism & Missions reports to the Senior Pastor for The Church at LifePark and oversees the Director of Evangelism & Missions.
- Model the vision by sharing the Gospel and calling people to salvation through your sphere of influence, local outreach, and church planting while teaching others to do the same.
- Recruit, oversee, empower, and equip, Missions Council members by providing training, support, and encouragement.
- Develop a culture of Evangelism and Missions into all areas of ministry: preschool ministry (Noah’s Park), children’s ministry (KidsPark), student ministry (First Wave), and adult ministries.
- Create, assess, and evaluate outreach opportunities through the planning of regional and international trips and in Mt. Pleasant for LifeParkers & LifeGroups to engage in, understanding the policies and procedures associated with each organization, and ensure that each opportunity aligns with our vision to build relationships and share the Gospel.
- Equip Missions Champions within LifeGroups to train and encourage their group members to share the gospel and organize community outreach opportunities while working in conjunction with Adult Discipleship’s ministry model and schedule.
- Oversee, coach, and equip other missions ministry team members; conduct regular one-on-one meetings with team members for encouragement, support, and evaluation.
- Collect, share, and celebrate stories of those living missionally and engaging in evangelism and missions.
- Oversee and maintain educational paths such as missions blogs and missions walls including the scheduling, planning, and promoting of evangelism and mission opportunities.
- Pastor LifePark missionaries who are serving overseas, whether through member care or as partners.
- Develop and manage the budget and all expenditures in the evangelism and missions ministries.
- Serve on the Senior Leadership Team helping shape the vision and ministry of LifePark.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Exhibits a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus.
- Displays a passion for the lost and sharing the Gospel; called to missions and evangelism.
- Exhibits critical and strategic thinking skills with the ability to work in a collaborative work environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate – Scripture, sharing the Gospel, sharing personal testimony.
- Exhibits servant leadership.
- Prior experience in leading others in evangelism and missions.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; teachable spirit; team-player attitude.
- Gifted administratively.
WHO WE ARE
The Church at LifePark exists to connect people to God, connect people to people to help people grow in their faith and to serve others.
MISSION | VISION | VALUES
LifePark is a Christ-centered community that proclaims and celebrates the Gospel with a desire to see lives transformed by the power of Jesus.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
At LifePark, we’re committed to proclaiming the truth and unchanging message of God’s love to the ever-changing world around us. That starts with the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.