Full-Time (40 hours/week)
The Host Director is responsible for creating an exceptional experience for guests and members on Sunday mornings from the time they pull into the parking lot until they enter a specific ministry area. Host areas include: Parking Team, Greeters, Ushers, Café, and Safety/Medical Team.
The Host Director will challenge and review processes within these ministry areas from a “first-time guest’s” perspective.
The Host Director reports to the Associate Pastor of Worship.
a. Create a culture of excellent first impressions and a welcoming environment with our guests and members as they pull into the parking lot and enter the building through their entry into a specific ministry area.
b. Recruit, train, develop and schedule qualified volunteers ensuring positions are covered for each service every Sunday.
c. Provide orientation for new volunteers who have a passion and are gifted in recognizing the importance of first impressions and creating welcoming environments: smiling, making eye contact, directing guests to their destination, etc.
d. Establish and refine processes within each of the host ministry areas in order to implement seamless execution on Sunday mornings.
e. Coordinate and organize church-wide volunteer appreciation events once or twice per year.
f. Ensure Host Ministry areas are stocked with all necessary supplies needed for excellent Sunday mornings: nametags, parking gear, welcome packets, mints/candy, café towels, etc.
g. Create an atmosphere of community for volunteers in the Volunteer Room as a gathering spot before, during, and after services as a place to pray, refresh and obtain necessary supplies.
h. Additional responsibilities:
– Manage the development and oversight of the annual Host Ministry budget to align with ministry goals.
– Establish regular one-on-one meetings with volunteers in order to build relationships with volunteer leaders.
– Communicate pertinent information to staff and volunteers in a timely manner.
i. Other duties as assigned by the Associate Pastor of Worship
QUALIFICATIONS & ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS:
● Demonstrates a growing, vibrant, and mature relationship with Christ.
● Possesses a friendly, upbeat, and warm personality for welcoming guests and members.
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Highly organized; an eye for neatness.
● Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; team-player attitude.
WHO WE ARE
The Church at LifePark exists to connect people to God, connect people to people to help people grow in their faith and to serve others.
MISSION | VISION | VALUES
LifePark is a Christ-centered community that proclaims and celebrates the Gospel with a desire to see lives transformed by the power of Jesus.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
At LifePark, we’re committed to proclaiming the truth and unchanging message of God’s love to the ever-changing world around us. That starts with the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.