The Finance Coordinator is responsible for managing the church finances and financial procedures. This includes processing weekly offerings and other income, processing bi-monthly and monthly payroll, preparing monthly financial statements, reconciling bank statements, payment of invoices and processing checks.
- Deposit tithes and offerings received from weekly services and miscellaneous receipts in a timely manner.
- Record tithes and offerings, online giving, stock transfer, etc.
- Create and distribute Contribution Statements annually and as deemed necessary throughout the year.
- Prepare and distribute yearly 1099’s and W2’s.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Prepare and process payroll; filing of payroll taxes; submit quarterly and annual payroll reports to federal and state governments.
- Coordinate and work with Auditor in conducting the annual audit; perform year-end closeout upon completion of audit.
- Perform month end processes; prepare and distribute financial statements to Finance Team and ministry leaders.
- Provide support for ministry leaders, directors and Financial Planning Team by researching and answering transaction inquiries.
- Approve invoices and process Accounts Payable ensuring accurate and timely payment.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas specifically pertaining to financial data, employment records, and payroll records.
- Manage all computer purchases and leases.
- Maintain day-to-day financial activities.
- Recap monthly credit card statements.
- Maintain personnel records ensuring proper record retention and timely destruction.
- Coordinate and oversee the recruitment and scheduling of Counting Committee, in addition to counting procedures.
- Manage bank accounts – operating account, money market account, securities, savings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Essential Characteristics:
- Demonstrates a mature relationship with God
- Displays a team-player attitude with a heart and desire to serve staff
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Prior experience in finance, accounting, or business management
- Must be a member of LifePark
The Finance Coordinator reports to the Church Administrator of The Church at LifePark.