CHILDREN’S MINISTRY COORDINATOR
Full-Time (40 hours/week)
The Children’s Ministry Coordinator is a full-time position and is responsible for assisting the Children’s Ministry Director in the implementation of ministry programs for 5K-5th grade children and their families.
The Children’s Ministry Coordinator reports to the Children’s Ministry Director.
- Assist in the implementation and execution of weekly Sunday morning programs, camps, and routine special events (Vacation Bible School, KidSalt Camp, etc.).
- Assist in developing and maintaining of child safety and security procedures.
- Assist with curriculum preparation for Sunday mornings each week, providing all necessary materials and supplies for volunteers.
- Monitor inventory of ministry supplies and make recommendations for the purchase of additional items as needed.
- Assist in volunteer recruitment, training, encouragement, and development through regularly scheduled meetings.
- Maintain weekly classroom organization and cleanliness.
- Create and maintain a welcoming environment where children feel valued and accepted.
- Provide oversight of Greeters/check-in stations ensuring first-time guest information is entered properly and children are welcomed and escorted to proper classrooms.
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned by the Director of Children’s Ministry (KidsPark).
- Additional responsibilities:
– Assist with the development of the annual budget.
– Attend staff meetings and worship weekly.
– Communicate pertinent information to the director, volunteer leads, and families in a timely manner.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Exhibits a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus.
- Demonstrates evidence of a call to Christian ministry.
- Connects relationally with adult volunteers and children.
- Communicates scripture effectively.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; team-player attitude.
- Prior experience with children is preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Google Drive; Ability to learn and master the use of church software.
- Must be willing to work Sundays and some holidays (Christmas Eve, Easter, etc.)
WHO WE ARE
The Church at LifePark exists to connect people to God, connect people to people to help people grow in their faith and to serve others.
MISSION | VISION | VALUES
LifePark is a Christ-centered community that proclaims and celebrates the Gospel with a desire to see lives transformed by the power of Jesus.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
At LifePark, we’re committed to proclaiming the truth and unchanging message of God’s love to the ever-changing world around us. That starts with the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.