SUNDAY’S SERMON IN 10 TWEETS
Today’s sermon challenged us to see our hope completely on the grace to be brought to us through Jesus Christ:
- Hope is the key that unlocks the door to God’s grace.
- Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. (1 Peter 1:13)
- “Joy is the flag that flutters at the mast when King Jesus is in residence.” — Stephen Olford
- All the fleeting pleasures of this world are mere substitutes for joy.
- There are no hopeless situations, there are only people who have grown hopeless about them.
- You have a great inheritance awaiting you.
- Our future is as bright as the promises of God.
- If we believe that God has a great destiny for us, then we can bear hardship today.
- Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future.
- “Our worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God’s grace. And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God’s grace.” — Jerry Bridges